- For other uses of Kuno, see Kuno
A pompous, bombastic scion of a noble house, his father is the principal of Furinkan and this, coupled with his skill, makes him someone of importance in school. Caught up in his own ego and almost delusional obsessions with the samurai, he blatantly lusts after Akane Tendo - and doesn't lose any interest even when he finds himself also attracted to a mysterious "Pigtailed Girl", making no secret that his ultimate desire/intention is to have them both as his girlfriends. That neither of them is even attracted to him, never mind happy with the idea, is something that doesn't register.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Kuno is an extraordinary swordsman, capable of destroying entire walls and tree trunks with the movement of air caused by his rapid movements. He prefers to use a wooden sword for martial arts respect. According to Ranma, if Kuno used a real sword he would be unbeatable, but seeing his stupidity would end up losing him with that too. Kuno is also endowed with superhuman physical strength, exceptional speed and elevation.
Notable Fan Fiction Stories Featuring TatewakiEdit
- Seems to be disgusted with forigners.
- Portrayed to be quite insane in some fanfics.
- Always calls Akane "Fierce Tigress", when he only used a similar term once in Episode 4 (乱馬とらんま?誤解がとまらない).
- Tends to always call Ranma "Foul Sorcerer". While Kuno has accused Ranma of using some sort of magic or trickery to hide the Pigtailed Girl, he normally refers to him by "Saotome."
- Often paired with Nabiki Tendo in fanfiction.